Chances are, your basement suffered some damage from the recent storms that have hit Metro Detroit in the past few months. If so, you may want to consider adding an annual basement inspection to your “to-do list” between seasons. A quick evaluation of your basement and its’ condition can help you avoid costly repairs that would linger without noticing them otherwise.
At Tom’s Basement Waterproofing, our professionals are qualified and prepared to come out and fulfill a thorough examination of your basement, and any potential needs we see. Ensuring that your basement is dry for years to come, is our business motto. Especially in Michigan, where many basements are finished and are used as living spaces, the costs can quickly add up when problem areas are not addressed.
Here are a few reasons why we suggest scheduling an inspection on your basement, at least once a year:
- Ensuring that batteries on backup systems are in working order
- Making sure window wells and drains are not clogged up from debris around your home
- Inspecting floors and walls for any cracks that could be covered up by furniture and went unnoticed
While you may think that inspecting your basement means a quick look around, at Tom’s Basement Waterproofing, we can guarantee a 100% inspection on your basement and surrounding areas of your home, to ensure that you are prepared for any bad weather or damages that could occur.
Here are a just a few areas we address during our basement inspection process:
- Pump Checks – Ejector pump, sump pumps, etc.
- Battery Checks – High water alarms, backup battery systems, etc.
- Yard checks – Drainage issues, downspout issues and extensions
- Window Well Checks – Cleaning any debris, damage, or excess accumulation in this area
- Cleaning of Sump Pump – Debris can accumulate over time and build up, resulting in sump pump that isn’t working at its’ full potential
- Water Testing – By flushing out water that could potentially come into your basement, we can evaluate if the discharge lines are damaged or dirty
- Foundation Testing – Any cracks, seepage, or damage will be seen and evaluated during this time
Consider the professionals at Tom’s Basement Waterproofing for your basement inspection
Anything that Tom’s Basement Waterproofing finds during a basement inspection will be written down and discussed thoroughly with you, before you decide to take any action to alleviate issues. Next time you step into your basement call Tom’s Basement Waterproofing and potentially save yourself a lifetime of money and hassles with a damaged basement!