With Spring here and Summer right around the corner, rainfall in and around Michigan is on the rise. With an average of 30-38 inches of rain each year, homeowners need to understand the problems that water can cause to their homes and foundations. At Tom’s Basement Waterproofing, we offer a wide variety of basement waterproofing services that can help protect your home from excessive water.
Tips to Keep Your Basement Dry This Spring & Summer
Below are a few tips to help keep your basement dry this Spring & Summer:
- Grading – Walk the perimeter of your house and make sure the dirt around your foundation is sloping away. An adequately graded yard can help prevent water from entering your basement.
- Install a Sump Pump – If you suspect water is infiltrating your basement, you should install a sump pump. A sump pump helps pump water out of your basement during heavy downpours when water penetrates your home’s foundation.
- Check Your Gutters – Gutters are essential to ensure proper drainage around your home. Periodically check to ensure your gutters are clean and free of any debris. If your gutters are clogged, they will overflow and cause water to pool around your foundation. This pooling can result in foundation issues if not addressed quickly.
- Improve Ventilation and Reduce Humidity – Humidity and improper ventilation can cause significant problems in your basement or crawlspace. Mold and mildew can become prevalent in a moist or humid environment like a basement or crawlspace. A dehumidifier can help to reduce humidity and ensure proper ventilation to prevent damage to your basement. Contact Tom’s Basement Waterproofing to learn about our dehumidifier installation services.
- Contact a Foundation Repair Contractor – If you notice that your foundation is compromised, it’s vital to contact a reputable foundation repair contractor. Tom’s Basement Waterproofing has provided basement waterproofing for decades, and we would be happy to offer a free, no-obligation foundation repair consultation. Reach out to our office today at (586) 776-7270 to schedule your consultation with one of our basement waterproofing experts.
Why Choose the Team at Tom’s Basement Waterproofing?
Our team at Tom’s Basement Waterproofing has more than 45 years of experience helping customers in and around Michigan with their basement and foundation repair needs. This experience is vital for protecting your most significant investment – your home! To learn more about our wide variety of basement waterproofing services, please call us today at (586) 776-7270.